- Ép test
- Otthon és iroda
Sustainable, environmentally friendly and ethical consumption and lifestyle
A society in which the harmony of justice, solidarity, liveable environment and functioning economy prevails. Members of the society think critically, recognise their personal responsibility in achieving sustainability and contribute to this by turning their consumer choices sustainable. Sustainable products and services are available for everyone. The infrastructure and policies that enable people to choose sustainable lifestyles and consumer habits exist. Different social actors work for sustainability in cooperation with each other.
The objective of the Association of Conscious Consumers (ACC) is to make Hungarian society sustainable and more ethical, and make members of society committed to reaching these objectives. A further objective of ACC is to raise awareness of people's personal responsibility in making consumption sustainable. To this end, ACC, with progressive programmes, informs consumers of the nature of conscious and sustainable consumption, its practical forms of implementation, and it encourages them to create and realise individual or community initiatives that drive sustainable consumption. Besides informing consumers, ACC carries out research to establish a base for its programmes. It also pursues advocacy and community building activities in order to reach its objectives. ACC seeks cooperation with individuals and organisations concerned.
- creativity: We strive to create and realise new things and to continuously renew our activities. The continuous and inspiring co-thinking is an important part of our work. We keep our intellectual development in mind and sustain our ability to renewal.
- flexibility: We are able to adjust to the continuously changing internal and external conditions and create and use new, adaptive forms.
- critical: We are open to listening to all opinions. We are neither blinkered, nor utopists, or in denial of reality. We do not think that there is one single final good solution, instead we search for and promote better solutions. Self-critique is important and continuous both on personal and organisational level.
- democratic: We make decisions with the participation of all colleagues and in consensus. Both as members and colleagues we are open to debate and discussion, we respect others' opinions. We do not have a hierarchy of opinions and we ensure the transparency of decision making among all circumstances.
- professional: We do everything to the best of our ability, in high quality, and, if possible, involving the appropriate experts. We regularly evaluate and develop our activities and performance.
- well-founded: We base our statements and messages on research, facts, credible and verifiable information sources.
- we walk the talk: We apply the principles of sustainability and sustainable consumption in our organisation and throughout our operation.
- commitment: For us, those participating in the organisation, the issue of sustainable consumption is also important personally, therefore not only the "compensation", but also the commitment to the cause and motivation are important elements in our relation to the organisation and to our job.